Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend randomness

Last night, I got bored. That's the first time I've been bored in almost two months. Truly, mind-numbingly, restlessly bored. I blame facebook.

So finally I got super impatient with myself. I sat down, got out my Scanner Daybook (formally known as "The Glittering Dragon's Hoard of Ideas and Stuff" or "The Hoard" for short), and started writing. My first list was titled, "Seriously, right now, at this very moment, what I do I want to do with my life?" A heck of a lot, which surprises no one. And much of it has nothing to do with anything else. Last night, most of it wasn't even job related. (As always, this is subject to change).

Which led to my next list: "Things I want to have money for," actually a fairly short list. Granted, I didn't list things like food or clothes or cat food. I listed things that could conceivably be goals to save money for. Things like braces, the cottage I've been designing for the last month, two good cameras--one digital, one film, both SLR, a scanner retreat, paying off debt, a new mattress set, and a car with a warranty. That's actually most of the list, right there.

I have this mass of ideas that could actually make some of this money for me. That's what I'm good at--I'm the idea queen. It's the implementation that gets me. I have an entire business plan in mind for one project. I just can't seem to get to the point of doing it.

I want a job as a consultant for businesses. Ramping up their creativity and retraining them to brainstorm. And then leave. Jody came up with the perfect name for it. "Prime the Pump" Workshops. Now. How the heck do I do that? And who would hire me?

Thoughts? Ideas? Cattle prods?

No comments: