Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Misty, moisty morning

It's gray and soggy outside, which is normally something I rather enjoy. But today, I'm blue. Sort of a smoky blue, not navy--more a cadet blue, perhaps. Nothing too deep. Like I'm wrapped in a wisp of net or chiffon and it's slightly obscuring the world around me.

I don't think I felt like that when I woke up. In fact, I'm relatively certain it came upon me after I sat down at work.

You know what it feels like? That wistful feeling you get when you wake up from a really good dream--the kind where you've met that person you feel like you've always loved and they love you back and life is unbelievably rich and amazing and surprising and everything is hyperfocused and you're both just so in awe at the depth of feeling...and then you wake up and they're not there and never have been. But you can still feel them, this dream person, because you've only just left their side.

That's a little bit what I feel like this morning. Bereft and wistful for something I can't define.