Sunday, September 15, 2013

In which I enter a contest


If you've known me for long and we've talked about books, you'll probably know that one of my long-time favorite authors is Robin McKinley.

I've loved her work for a long time, but with Sunshine, I became obsessed (in the healthiest way possible). Reading that book was one of those epiphanies in life. It's difficult to explain, but that was a moment where I realized that it was possible to write in a voice like mine (though much, MUCH better, obvs), and still craft something amazing. She, Neil Gaiman, and Charles De Lint are the authors that have given me that feeling of possibility.

Since then, I caught up on her books I hadn't read, reread old favorites, and bought every new work she wrote. I also started following her blog, commented on entries, had a few conversations with her, and even announced my first fiction sale on there and got her personal congratulations (still one of the highlights of my life).

If you're looking for something good to read, try Sunshine, Spindle's End, Dragonhaven, or Pegasus, (though that last I recommend wholeheartedly, devotedly, but with a warning that it ends with heartbreaking abruptness and the second half isn't due out until next year).

And this month, she has a new release. SHADOWS is coming on September 26th! There's a contest on in which readers can Tweet, Facebook, or blog about it to enter a drawing for a signed copy. That's what I'm doing here!

http://tinyurl.com/RMcKSHADOWS
#RMcKSHADOWS 
http://robinmckinleysblog.com/contest/

Use any of those above and you can repost the same to share with fellow book lovers--and I highly recommend you do!


No comments: